Unity Digital Agency is on a mission to change the world. We aspire for sustainability and equity by empowering our partners to inspire action with accessible, open source digital tools. We are committed to providing a nurturing environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marriage or familial status, pregnancy, genetics, disability, or veteran status. Unity is a pending B Corporation based in Raleigh, NC.
We are seeking a WordPress Developer who is passionate about using their talents as a force for good. Your responsibilities will include translating a visual design to front-end code, bridging the gap between the graphic design and technical implementation of the website. You will be in charge of planning and developing customized WordPress websites from start to finish. You will work as a team with management, designers, strategists, and clients to deliver high quality solutions.
This will be a part-time contract position, with the opportunity for full-time employment. Your compensation will be based on our transparent salary index, which calculates pay based on responsibility, experience, and location. You may work remotely but preference will be given to those in the Triangle region of North Carolina.
- Crafting website layout/user interfaces by using best HTML/CSS practices
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Integrating data from back-end database and various 3rd party APIs
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Optimize application for maximum speed, scalability, and accessibility
- Write and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Thoughtful problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Functional knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Deep understanding of SEO and WCAG principles and ensuring that the application will meet or exceed them.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience using the Sage starter theme and a basic understanding of npm, Bower, Composer, gulp, Webpack, ES6, and Laravel.
Sound like a fit?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org