Unity is seeking a UX developer who is passionate about using their talents as a force for good. We are specifically looking for a new team member who is local to the Raleigh/Durham area of NC. You will work as a core team member with management, designers, developers, and clients to deliver strategic and high-quality solutions. We are a small team who work closely together to make accessible and beautiful websites for our clients.
Now is your chance to get in on the ground floor of an agency that is building something spectacular. We believe in a world where technology enables equity, and we are on a mission to make the internet radically inclusive one website at a time. This is a good fit for someone who likes new challenges and wearing many hats.
- Perform market research and evaluate positioning for clients in a variety of industries
- Design information structure for websites
- Create user flows and sitemaps
- Conduct website diagnostic audits
- Prepare and send analytics reports
- Routinely test and review client websites for performance and quality
- Work with our designer and developer to protect the usability of the website during design and backend development
- Build out frontend of WordPress websites using our in-house custom theme and HTML, CSS and Sass
- Lay out content on websites based on design and best practices
- Test websites for accessibility, functionality, responsiveness, and usability before launch
- Manage search engine optimization (SEO)
Bonus if you can:
- Craft content for websites, emails, and social media
- Create email campaigns and evaluate performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Experience with HTML and CSS (we use Sass as our preprocessor)
- Deep understanding of search engine optimization
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress, UX, and WCAG principles
- Skillful in Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- Working knowledge of creating marketing campaigns
- Proficient understanding of Mailchimp and other email marketing platforms
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
This might be a great fit if:
- You are insatiably curious and enjoy finding creative solutions to challenges.
- You are self-motivated, yet open to direction.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
This is not the job for you if:
- You don’t have empathy.
- You aren’t able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are unable to gracefully receive unfiltered feedback directly from clients
- Working with smart people who give a damn
- Training, certification, and educational opportunities
- Flexible scheduling and telecommuting options
- Family-friendly workplace
- Stocked snack cabinet with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Full-time team member benefits:
- Company will reimburse qualified healthcare expenses (including premiums) up to $400 per month
- 3 weeks of paid vacation time per year
Unity Digital Agency is a Certified B Corporation based in Research Triangle Park, NC. We are building a new kind of agency that not only produces great work, but is also great for the world. Unity’s core values are to serve the greater good, embrace differences, foster harmony, lead with joy, and approach with wonder.
Unity is committed to providing a nurturing work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marriage or familial status, pregnancy, genetics, disability, or veteran status.
Sound like a fit?
To apply for this position, please fill out this application.